Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I heart NYC

I love New York City but I’ve never been there.I have travelled far and wide around the globe and yet somehow this fascinating city that I’ve read about,that I see on shows, that I long to step foot on has somehow remained elusive to me in reality.Why do I love this place so much?I have no idea, i just do!
I love Sex and the City, I would shout off rooftops even if the average Indian woman would shy away from admitting that…after all shush, I live in a conservative country.I watch s&c everyday when I get some time before bed and the city and its people fascinate me.Yes the show is possibly something that focuses only on the upper strata of the society but hey, it talks about women in relationships and that holds true for any woman alive.And just looking at the Manolo Blahniks and Jimmy Choos and the ultra chic fashion that is bootstrapped into the 4 women could make me ever so happy in a jiffy!
I have a love-hate relationship with the characters in this show,the one I love perhaps would be Samantha,her boldness and her spunk to stand up for anything she does just cause she can,its an ideal character that appeals to the common woman just cause she embraces everything thats taboo.I loathe Carrie simply for her whiny and dependent ways, Im very neutral about prissy Charlotte and I absolutely have hated Miranda for her feministic attitude.And much to my agony(and a sneaking suspicion I always had)I took the S&C quiz on the net one day and I turned out to be a Miranda!I almost weeped as I knew that that was exactly who I was…the same ambitiousness, the same unwillingness to let anyone too close to me, the same holier-than-thou attitude.
Well I do not know why I wanted to write about this when I have always written about more serious issues of the world or happenings around me,but I guess today I just wanted to write about something I enjoyed and somthing that I have always been a hypocrite about as I would be too ashamed to admit that I watched a girly show like S&C.This has brought me one step closer to the city I love, and I hope to live their lives one day in NYC.

No comments: