Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Techno-adrenaline

Im a gadget freak, that doesnt mean it needs to necessarily be just gadgets, but I keep a watch on whats hot and happening in the web app field as well.I came across a few technologies that blew me away and a brief on each of them is listed below, try them out all ye readers!
(1)Yahoo!Go
This is one great mobile platform for a number of smartphones.Its just 721 KB and has a number of widgets that you can customize according to your needs.The two features that caught my attention the most was the user interface(very sophisticated, very apple-like) and the speed.My current widgets that run with my Go version are Yahoo Mail,Local news,Showtimes,Weather,Stocks and Celebrity Watch.The one I like in particular is the Showtimes widget as it picks out the top movies running in your city,shows the theatres they are playing in along with showtimes and the theatre contact number and shows the location of the theatre from where you are on a map!Its a wish come true!
(2)burrp!TV
I absolutely love what the burrp! team brings to users in terms of food reviews, local happenings and blogrolls.I’ve always wanted a TV guide for india that I can carry around on my cell phone and burrp! TV is just that!They customize the TV guide,show listings based on your channel and genre preference and you can view the same on your mobile too.This app also lets you have SMS reminders as and when your favorite show is about to start.Cool aint it!
(3)Mozilla Add-Ons
I love Mozilla.Period.IE and Netscape never did it to me and I highly doubt the Google Chrome is going to win me over either.And with their very cool add-ons life just becomes very smooth on the web.Some of my favorite add-ons are LOOP(converts webpages,docs and even combines multiple pages into one big pdf.),Foxclocks for those who need international timezones at your browsertips and ReaditLater which is a tagging facility for reading webpages at a later time at your convenience.I can ramble on about a lot more but hey, that would take years..

No comments: