Wednesday, November 26, 2008

When it comes to Apple,I need a new word for hate!

So I was one of those geeks who picked up an iphone 6 months back, cracked the 1.1.4 using Ziphone in about 4 minutes and went on gleefully with life.Of course that doesnt mean I liked the iphone.After using the E61 for 2 years, the functionality element of the iphone fails miserably!This is a phone I can best describe as ‘The dumb blonde’….beauty minus brains.Plus I hate the fact that Apple has tightly controlled this phone which just makes me want to tear my hair!
Now having said that, I accidentally upgraded the software from 1.1.4 to 2.0 , lo and behold I have taken 6 whole days to jailbreak the bloody phone…Largely thanks to modmyifone and iLiberty+.So here go the steps for people looking to recover their precious phones.
I primarily downgraded my phone from 2.0 to 1.1.4 using the following steps:
(1)Uninstall iTunes 7.7, clean the registry completely
(2)Reboot
(3)Install iTunes 7.5
(4)DFU mode (Hold down the sleep and home buttons together and release sleep after exactly 10 seconds..it has to be exact!)
(5)Shift + restore -> 1.1.4 restore firmware IPSW
(6)Error 1015(This is good…proceed)
(7)Recovery mode
(8)Shift + restore -> 1.1.4 restore firmware IPSW(You get error 1015 here again…just say ok)
(9)Ziphone/iLiberty+ -> click “jump out of recovery mode”
(10)Run KiPhone with Debug Boot and iErase options checked. (Leave the box for downgrade UNCHECKED)
(11)Plug phone into iTunes
(12)Manually put it to recovery mode
(13)Shift + restore -> 1.1.4 restore firmware IPSW
Now at this point I jailbroke my phone with ZiPhone and I got an unlocked phone without carrier unlocked.So I would advise against using Ziphone at this step.Instead use iLiberty+ to activate/unlock whatever you want to do and you should get your phone back in action.

No comments: